OPI: Hello Kitty Collection Swatches & Review + Comparisons
Hello all! I’ve got one of those “better late than never” posts to share with you. I was SOOOOOO excited when I first saw this collection and simply could not wait to share them! So today, I have swatches of the Hello Kitty Collection and I even did some comparisons for you at the end! Enjoy!
“Let’s Be Friends!” is the palest pale pink creme with cool undertones. It’s pretty opaque but required 3 coats to even out a few patchy spots.
“Small + Cute = ♥” is a slightly warm-toned light pink crelly. It’s a bit on the thin side so I suggest thin coats to avoid pooling. I did 3 thin ones here.
“Look At My Bow!” is a sweet cool-toned bubblegum pink creme. Darling color and nice formula. Not too thick or too thin. I did 2 coats.
“My Twin Mimmy” is a sunny yellow creme. Pretty typical of yellows, it’s a bit streaky. I floated on the last coat which helped even it all out. 3 coats here.
“Super Cute In Pink” is a super squishy cool-toned pink jelly. It’s one of those polishes that looks simultaneously like a strongly pink-toned purple and strongly purple-toned pink. Adorable and has a wonderful formula. 3 coats.
“Spoken From The Heart” is a is a pretty and squishy coral jelly. Love the color. It’s perfect for toes especially! There is a very slight VNL in 3 coats but it’s not noticeable.
“5 Apples Tall” is a warm-toned apple red. Polish like this are the exact reason I love reds to much. This is at the top of my fave reds now, along with OPI “Coca-Cola Red”! It dries a little bit darker than it is in the bottle. 2 coats.
“My Pal Joey” is a beautiful medium blue creme with a slight duskiness to it. Effortless formula and such an eye-catching shade. 2 coats.
“Never Have Too Mani Friends!” is a black creme. Not unique by any means but a good formula and everyone needs a reliable black creme! 2 coats.
“Kitty White” is a silvery white shimmered polish. Nice formula. I love it, if only for the name. :P 3 thin coats.
“Charmmy & Sugar” has a green, pink and silvery white shimmered clear base accented with green, gold and pink mini hexes. So sweet and cute. I do think this one would be better layered. I did 3 coats here and it’s still quite sheer.
“Starry-Eyed For Dear Daniel” has vibrant metallic magenta and fuchsia microglitter and shimmer in a sheer pink jelly base. I didn’t expect to love this, but I do, I love it! It’s pretty unique for OPI while still being awesome and not at all weird. :) 3 thin coats here.
- Pointer: China Glaze “Let’s Chalk About It” (2 coats) – lighter, more opaque, better formula
- Middle: OPI “Let’s Be Friends!” (3 coats)
- Ring: CND “Winter Glow” (3 coats) – warmer, nude undertones
- Pinkie: OPI Infinite Shine “Patience Pays Off” (3 coats) – more of a neutral tone and slight nude undertones
- Pointer: Zoya “Dot” (3 coats) – similar tone but a couple of shades lighter
- Middle: OPI “Small + Cute = ♥” (3 coats)
- Ring: OPI “Suzi Shops & Island Hops” (3 coats) – a touch cooler
- Pinkie: OPI “Pink Friday” (3 coats) – brighter and darker
- Pointer: Butter London “Fruit Machine” (2 coats) – very similar but a shade lighter.
- Middle: OPI “Look At My Bow!” (2 coats)
- Ring: Milani “Doll Face” (2 coats) – lighter and warmer
- Pinkie: OPI “Flamingo Tini Pink” (2 coats) – lighter and warmer, more similar to “Doll Face”
- Pointer: Zoya “Darcy” (2 coats) – questionably a shade darker but it really takes some straining to see. It does have a fine shimmer which MTM does not have.
- Middle: OPI “My Twin Mimmy” (2 coats)
- Ring: Deborah Lippmann “Walking On Sunshine” (2 coats) – again, MAYBE a shade darker but basically impossible to detect.
- Pinkie: OPI “I Just Can’t Copacabana” (2 coats) – obviously lighter in person but I wanted to swatch against MTM anyway.
- Pointer: Milani “Cupcake Icing” (2 coats) – a little lighter and cooler and has a creme formulation
- Middle: OPI “Super Cute In Pink” (3 coats)
- Ring: Essie “DJ Play That Song” (3 coats) – I thought these would be dupes or at least close but not at all. DJPTS looks much more purple in comparison.
- Pinkie: Deborah Lippmann “Between The Sheets” (2 coats) – is much darker and more purple. Not even close.
- Thumb: Nicole by OPI “Some Hearts” (2 coats) – more red undertones and a touch darker
- Pointer: OPI “Charged Up Cherry” (2 coats) – slightly cooler toned
- Middle: OPI “Spoken From The Heart” (3 coats)
- Ring: Butter London “Cake-Hole” (2 coats) – just a tone warmer but at first glance you can’t tell
- Pinkie: Zoya “Yana” (2 coats) – The darkest of the bunch and has a fine shimmer
- Pointer: Nicole by OPI “My Sol Shines Brighter” (2 coats) – about a shade lighter and a bit warmer
- Middle: OPI “5 Apples Tall” (2 coats)
- Ring: OPI “Short-Stop!” (2 coats) – cooler and more of a true red
- Pinkie: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri “Quick Brick” is much cooler and has pink undertones.
- Pointer: Nicole by OPI “Live In The Momentum” – not even close
- Middle: OPI “Never Have Too Mani Friends!” (2 coats)
- Ring: Zoya “Sia” – not even close
- Pinkie: Essie “Mesmerize” – not even close
I was surprised at the uniqueness of this shade to my collection. I have an inkling it could be similar to Sally Hansen Pacific Blue (original) but I don’t own it.
- Pointer: OPI “Black Onyx” (2 coats) – DUPE
- Middle: OPI “Never Have Too Mani Friends!” (2 coats)
- Ring: OPI “Who Are You Calling Bossy?!?” (2 coats) – DUPE
- Pinkie: Zoya “Willa” (2 coats) – If you want to get really technical, this has maybe a dusty tone to it. But that’s a stretch. I say dupe again.
- Pointer: OPI “Make Light Of The Situation” (3 coats) – similar but there are larger iridescent glitters mixed in
- Middle: OPI “Kitty White” (3 coats)
- Ring: OPI “Ski Slope Sweetie” (2 coats) – the shimmer in here is very golden instead of silver
- Pinkie: Dermelect “Sleigh ME” (2 coats) – again, golden shimmer instead of silver
I believe “Girls Love Diamonds” from OPI is similar but I can’t find my bottle for the life of me!
This collection totally lived up to my hype. I already know I will be getting a lot of use out of all of the cremes and crellies.
OPI polishes can be purchased at professional salons including Beauty Brands, Beauty First, Chatters, Dillard’s, JCPenney Salons, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret, Ulta.com and Ulta as well as a lot of other retailers and online. Don’t forget to follow OPI on Facebook for all the OPI news!Provided For Review