Tweexy: Wearable Nail Polish Holder Review with Video & a Giveaway!
Hi there! Today I have something a little different but still nail polish related. It’s a wearable nail polish holder from a brand called Tweexy. It allows you to paint your nails anywhere without the need for a hard, even surface.
I was intrigued but wary about this concept. The idea of not using a hard surface to polish my nails is so foreign to me. But I’m always up for trying new things. Especially when it comes to nail polish related items.
The Tweexy nail polish holder is made of silicone rubber and comes in 3 different colors; BonBon Pink (a vibrant, almost neon pink), Sapphire Night (a royal blue with glittery flecks) and Spa Green (a sweet blue-toned mint green).
It is designed to hold any size nail polish bottle (see more on this in the video below). Check out the anatomy of this sucker:
I was a little worried about the rings. Let’s be real, my fingers are chubby and I thought that the expandable rings would pinch or be uncomfortable. This was not the case. It fit on my fingers just fine and was relatively comfortable. I was surprised by how stable the holder was and that it didn’t tip or fall.
I was excited to try it out for myself so I did a video of me using the Tweexy and applying a regular mani with it. I was skeptical about it being able to fit any size nail polish bottle though. So I had to test it out for myself. Check out how it fared below:
Overall, I was quite pleased and impressed by the Tweexy. It has a well-thought out design and works really well for it’s intended purpose! For the most part, I polish my nails on a flat surface and don’t usually have a need for something like this but I can see it being really useful on vacation when I’m not in my usual environment with my creature comforts. I think it will be great for people who don’t have a designated area they use for polishing their nails. When I first got into nail polish, I used to do it while sitting on the couch and had a heck of time balancing the bottle. I wish I had this back then!
The only 2 “issues” I had while using the Tweexy is:
- Once I had the bottle in the holder, it was hard to see my nails over the top of it. I had the change up my hand position from how I normally paint in order to see my nail beds and make sure I was painting in-the-lines.
- My fingers did start to ache a bit from wearing it because the large pieces of silicone in between my fingers didn’t allow for me to hold my fingers in their usual position. BUT, I had the Tweexy on for probably an hour or more while testing it which could have been the problem. I can’t imagine anyone would need to wear it for that long in real life so I don’t forsee this as an issue in the future.
All-in-all, I find this to be unique and clever and I think a lot of people out there would find a great use for it!
The Tweexy wearable nail polish holder can be purchased on Amazon. You can also visit their FAQ page where they have helpful answers to a lot of questions! Also be sure to follow them on Facebook and Instagram!
And lastly, time for a giveaway! I’m giving away 2 prizes:
- 1 – Spa Green Tweexy
- 1 – Sapphire Night Tweexy
- Ends 3/5/2016 at 12AM EST
- Open internationally
- Must be 18 or older to enter